What does discovering how to lose weight at home give you? Absolute freedom. No more need for smelly, sweaty gyms and no more need for personal trainers, unless you just want to admire their abs!
You have all the tools you need within the comfort of your own home. The best way to lose weight at home is via bodyweight workouts.
The following 5 fat burning exercises are some of the very best fat loss movements around and are sure to help accelerate your weight loss big-time.
This entire fat burning workout is designed to be done at home when you wake up or before you go to bed. Heck, you can even do them at work. Close the office door and do the entire workout whilst your colleagues are out to lunch!
This is exactly how to lose weight at home FAST!
The first of our bodyweight exercises is an easy way to lose weight. It will stretch your chest and work your entire body, including the upper back.
- To perform it, begin with your hands behind your head and elbows back. Pull the shoulder blades together to exercise the upper back and relieve stress.
- Start with your feet shoulder width apart and with your knees slightly bent in a squat position. Then explosively jump off the ground straightening your legs as you do so.
- Land on the balls of your feet and immediately return to your starting squat position where you pause briefly before repeating.
Repeat 15 times.
Just your regular push up for simple and effective fat loss – this one easy move, if done correctly will leave you in no doubt about how to lose weight at home.
- Begin the move by getting into the standard push up position. start with your hands slightly wider than shoulder width apart, brace your abs and bend your arms to lower your chest to the floor.
- Stop approximately one inch from the ground and press back up to the start position. Feel the burn, move in a slow and controlled manner and repeat 15 times.
- Should you find the standard push up too challenging, start with your knees on the floor and work your way towards the regular movement.
Our third weight loss at home exercise is the split squat. To begin, step one leg forward and move your other leg back so you are making a slightly larger than normal step.
- Ideally do this close to a wall so you can use your hands for balance if necessary. Balance on your front foot and the ball of your back foot.
- The heel of your back foot should be off the ground for the entire exercise.
- Bend your back knee and start the movement by dropping your hips straight down until the back knee is about 2 inches from the floor. Press through your front leg to stand back up.
Do 8 reps on one leg before switching sides and following with 8 reps on the other leg.
This exercise to lose fat is surprisingly tough and will work your abs, chest and legs. This particular exercise is in really a full body workout but it targets the “core” area of your body hard, so build your reps up slowly.
- To begin get back into the push up position whilst bracing your abs.
- Then lift one foot to bring your knee to your chest.
- Touch the foot down and return to the start position.
Keep alternating sides and aim for a total of 30 reps (15 for each leg) and make sure to be as intense and explosive as possible.
This is the final weight loss exercise in our fast weight loss at home circuit.
- Stand with your feet six inches from a wall, placing your back, butt and head flat against it. Put your arms overhead as if you were surrendering to a police-man.
- Keep your hands, wrists, elbows and shoulders against the wall. Slowly slide your arms down the wall and tuck your elbows into your sides.
- Be sure to keep your arms and back against the wall. Do 12 repetitions for this exercise.
Once you have completed this 5-fat burning exercise circuit once without rest you can relax for 1-2 minutes and repeat the whole circuit again twice, resting after each full circuit for 1-2 minutes.
By simply using your bodyweight you will have boosted your metabolism and sculpted your body. You’ll be feeling extremely toned, much healthier and far more energized. Most importantly, you’ll know exactly how to lose weight at home fast and without spending a penny on gym memberships, personal trainers or equipment fees!